Coronavirus Enchanced Safety Protocols
This guide has been structured for the safety of our guests and employees and has been formulated through collaboration of industry partners. As changes develop, our safety measures may also change, but please know cleanliness and sanitation are of the upmost importance and Catering by Design is dedicated to upholding these standards at all our events. To ensure these standards are maintained throughout all events we will provide a designated sanitation manager responsible for enforcement of regular timestamp sanitation practices of washing hands, changing gloves, temperature checks and sanitation of equipment during the event.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Appropriate PPE, including masks and gloves, will be worn by all employees based on their roles and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory for all staff. All employees are required to have their temperature taken upon arrival and recorded by their supervisor before starting their shifts using CDPHE Symptom Tracker. Hand sanitizer will be available for staff at the bar and busing stations. Limited staff will be allowed in the back of house areas.
Certified Health Ambassador Program (CHAP)
Catering by Design’s Certified Health Ambassador Program (CHAP) certifies designated sanitation manager(s) responsible for enforcement of regular timestamp sanitation practices of washing hands, changing gloves, training of proper use and disposal of PPE, etc for all on-site event staff. Managers are dedicated to upholding these standards and maintaining them throughout all styles of event services offered.
Equipment will be sanitized prior to delivery to an event. Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after the event.
Hors d’ oeuvres Service
– Our hors d’oeuvres service will include individual vessels for each item on a passing tray
– Self-serve buffet hors d’oeuvres will not be offered
– Service staff members will carry plates to tables on sanitized serving trays
– Staff member will change gloves before serving plates to guests
– All food stations must be attended and served by one staff member per two food items
– We have designed wider buffet tables to create additional distance between guests and attendants
Beverage and/or Dessert Service
– Service staff member will stand at designated station and assist guests with selected beverage or gathering of menu item (No self-service will be allowed)
– Ice bins to have liners in every can and lids on at all times
– All bar glasses to be considered single-use
– Toast drinks to be obtained at the bar
Our Duty of Care
– We will take all steps necessary to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests and employees.
– Staff members will be instructed to stay home if they have any signs of illness.
– Our staff will be monitored and evaluated by their manager and fellow employees as best possible before and during their shift for symptoms and signs of illness.
– All policies follow or are above that required by the Department of Public Health and Environment and Tri-County Health.
Your Duty of Care
– We ask you communicate the importance of health and safety to your guests and ask all guests to please stay home if they have any signs of illness.