Open Position | Sous Chef
Reports to: Chef De Cuisine
The purpose of the Sous Chef is to help provide a professional, safe, friendly work environment in the kitchen in conjunction with the Chef de Cuisine (CDC). The position will be focused on the following tasks but not limited to; oversee quality and production of entire kitchen including pastry, control product rotation, organization of all stock areas including walk in coolers and dry storage and enforce cleanliness in all kitchen areas. The position also includes prepping food daily, assisting chefs in managing and controlling kitchen staff as well as training. And overall helping maintain a clean healthy work environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by the Kitchen System and presented in Training.
- Control, maintain, organize, and clean, walk in coolers and dry storage areas. Rotation of stock and receiving and controlling stock received daily from food purveyors.
- To meet with all kitchen staff including pastry to delegate prep items and ensure projects will be done in a timely manner and on time.
- Assist all other chefs in the following as necessary: training of new employees, filling in on any vacant positions, overseeing quality, oversee efficiencies in prep time, and to conduct prep list.
- Assist in inventories as necessary deemed by CDC.
- Prepare and conduct tastings, including presenting dishes to clients.
- To fulfill any duties deemed necessary by chefs to make the kitchen better within reason and normal to any kitchen environment.
- To work with chefs in new creative ideas as needed in both pastry and DBG menus.
- The position will occasionally require that you attend events as deemed necessary.
- Assist chefs in staff meetings with constructive criticism, ideas for change for the better, and a positive attitude towards all employees.
- Assist in staging of events and checking out events
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full Time
- Culinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Pay: $48,000.00 per year
The kitchen will be busy and fast-paced must be able to move quickly with every move you make. You will be on your feet for long periods of time, but lunch and proper breaks are provided daily. This is a semi-temperature-controlled environment but may be hotter or colder depending on any extreme temperatures outside. Heavy items will be lifted daily, and team lifting is mandatory. Please make sure you have the physicality to thrive in this environment.’