Butternut Squash Ravioli
10 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot finely minced
1 cup roasted butternut squash, pureed
Salt and fresh black pepper
3 tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons grated parmigiana-reggiano cheese, plus 2 more tablespoons
1 recipe pasta dough, rolled into wide ribbons, about 1⁄8 “ thick
12 fresh sage leaves
1 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tbs. of the butter and the olive oil. Add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add the squash puree and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the ricotta cheese. Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tbs. parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Cut the pasta ribbons into 3” squares. Place 2 tsp. of the filling in the center of each pasta square. Bring 1 corner of the square to the other, forming a triangle and seal the pasta completely. Add the pasta to pot of boiling salted water. Cook until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta floats and is pale in color.
- Remove the pasta from the water and drain well.
- In a large saute pan, melt the remaining 9 tbs. of butter. Add the sage to the butter and continue to cook until the butter starts to brown. Add the pumpkin seeds. Remove from the heat immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- To serve:Place some of the pasta in the center of each serving plate. Spoon the butter sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle the 2 ounces of cheese over each plate.